- Quickly fills in damaged or open spots with new shoots of grass.
- High level of traffic tolerance.
- A dense turf without open areas prevents weed growth.
STRONG, DEEP ROOT SYSTEM AND DROUGHT TOLERANCE
- Rapid development of a deep root system.
- Excellent drought and heat tolerance with less irrigation.
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil conditions.
GROWS GREAT IN SUN OR SHADE
- Excellent in the transition zone climate and other tall fescue turf regions.
- Will not brown out in the intense summer heat.
- One of the most shade tolerant cool season grasses.
EXCELLENT COLOR AND DENSITY
- Has fine leaves which produce a very dense, uniform turf.
- Early spring green-up.
- Withstands stressful hot temperatures and keeps its rich green color.
EXCELLENT INSECT AND DISEASE RESISTANCE
- Endophyte enhanced for improved insect, disease and drought tolerance.
- Environmentally friendly, reduces chemical and fertilizer inputs.
IMPROVED VALUE FOR THE TURF PROFESSIONAL
- RTF® sod requires less overseeding, has fewer weed problems and prevents “wide-leafed ugly clumps” of tall fescue plants which are common in other tall fescue turf.
- Young plants first build the root and shoot system then concentrate on producing rhizomes. With RTF sod, the rhizomes are already developed.
- RTF sod, with the aid of rhizomes anchors itself faster, water requirements are reduced and turf can be utilized sooner.